Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours 7 new or used available from $44.99 Sacred 2: Fallen Angel PC Amazon.com Sacred 2: Fallen Angel provides numerous unique items that can be gathered in this mystical world. A deep reward system further enables advancements of character, individual attributes and character-specific fighting styles, each designed to keep players returning to the world of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel to discover what is around the next bend. Drop-in styled cooperative multiplayer gameplay ensures players will enjoy the game alone or seamlessly with friends at any time. Five unique multiplayer modes round out the Sacred 2: Fallen Angel experience. Key features: Clunky at best Game good, DRM bad DRM details (because consumers want to know)Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
From CDV Software EntertainmentPrice: $49.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Ships from and sold by Amazon.comProduct Description
Product Details
Features
Editorial Reviews
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is an Action RPG with a rich story that takes place in a giant, open-ended and seamless world. This world contains hundreds of dungeons, treacherous opponents and a variety of challenging quests. Intelligent enemies, steadily adapting in number and difficulty based on player progress, challenge in heroic single- and multiplayer battles.Customer Reviews
OK, I don't care about all this DRM nonsense. If a game developer wants to impose install rules (btw, only 2 installs), whatever...
Let's talk about the game itself.
I have never played Sacred, so I'm a clean slate coming into this. So, here goes...
Am I missing something or is the game engine about 10 years old? Aside from being a sharper and more aliased Baldor's Gate, it's still basically a top-down game. I'm a PC Gamer, I mean read me: PC GAMER. Built my own state-of-the-art rig. I expect new launches to be there with me. Here's just the first three things that ticked me off from the get go...
NO CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION. I mean none. You got 6 different pre-made characters (not sure if that's the right word for them) and that's it. You can't even change their height or hair color.
NO FREE CAMERA. In this day and age, that's seriously a no-no. I expected to right-click hold and twirl my track ball around to move the camera, but no. Seriously, did the developers check the calender? Hmm... let's see. Yep, it's 2008.
THE MUSIC in the opening cut scene is enough to make you toss the game. RAH, Duuuuude! Totally awesome metal circa 1988... NOT! Maybe it flies in Germany, but OMG... it's really, really, really (did I mention really) bad. I actually laughed out loud. I thought, "Who wrote this cr@p?" Really.
I blew my money, so you don't have to. Unless you're a rabid original Sacred fan or like game engines that date back to the stone age give it a trial whirl. If not, play WoW or Guild Wars or pick up a copy of Fallout 3.
No wonder GameStop didn't hype this game.
The game is good if you like action RPGs e.g. Titan Quest or Diablo 2. i.e. your idea of roleplaying is killing the monsters and taking their loot, as opposed to plot-based and social RPGs like Baldurs Gate or Neverwinter Nights. In terms of stacking up against the competition, it's playable and looks good. I don't yet know if it has the same depth that Diablo II had but it certainly has more modern graphics. It's easily better than Titan Quest. Or Loki (argh).
The EU version of the game has securom with 2 activations. What this means is that after you install it it goes online to "activate" and you can only activate it twice. Reinstalling or replacing your PC, or changing the hardware in it (I think the game allows 1 change) will result in de-activation. You can in theory "revoke" an activation to get one back but I have yet to see that work reliably in any software.
I have decided not to purchase the EU version of the game for this reason, and will get the a US copy imported. In the meantime, until my copy arrives, I am playing someone else's. I am not buying anyhting with DRM if I can help it. Only by doing this will companies stop putting it into their games.
For those of you concerned with DRM, here are the details for the NA release of this game. These are based on Stardock/Impulse's DRM disclosure info:
SecuROM (2 Activations w/Unlimited Reactivations)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Categories
- Apple Computer (1)
- Asus (1)
- Baby (1)
- Barcode (19)
- Books (3)
- Car Electronics (3)
- Cartier (2)
- Christmas (4)
- Crumpler (1)
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 Standard (1)
- Electronics (1)
- Elmoooo (1)
- Fan Gear (6)
- Furniture (1)
- Games (4)
- Heart (1)
- Inch Portable Computer (1)
- Invicta (2)
- Key (1)
- Laptop (4)
- Microsoft (1)
- Mobile PC (2)
- mouse (1)
- Notebook Backpack (5)
- Notebook Case (5)
- Omega (4)
- PlayBoys (11)
- Samsonite (1)
- Samsung (2)
- SOLO (10)
- Sony (2)
- Tag Heuer (1)
- Targus (3)
- VAIO (2)
- Watches Product (14)

0 comments:
Post a Comment